28 November 2019

A long time coming..

Happy Thanksgiving! It's been more than 2 years since I've checked in with an update, so here's some highlights from my last post...

I started my RN career as a New Graduate Nurse Resident at Palomar Medical Center in their Intensive Care Unit. I stayed there just over a year. Megan, wasn't able to return to Palomar due to a number of factors, ultimately finding her way to Scripps Health as an ICU Float Pool nurse. Within months of Meg's jump to Scripps, I followed as well. 6 months on, however, I progressed further by leaving the ICU Float Pool and joining the Cardiovascular ICU. This time, Meg followed me into CVICU a few months later.

On the home front, after having lived with my Mother-in-law, Bubby, for more than 6 years, Megan & I were able to use my VA benefits to secure a loan, and new (to us) digs. We only moved a couple of miles down the road from Bub. Being in a house is spendy! 😂

On the kid front, we've topped out with a 3rd (together) for a grand total of 5 kids. After Violet's birth in September of 2015, we were blessed with little Dashiell Xavier Clemencio at the start of 2018. It was a traumatic experience welcoming Dash to the world, but that can be fodder for later posts.

As the rain tumbles down hard (for Southern California, at least), I'll wrap this up for now and leave more frequent updates (hopefully) to fill in the blanks.

No comments: