29 March 2011

Say it isn't so!!!

               Today was a great day, overall. I got some exercise at the lake. I always enjoy visiting the lake and feeding the little ducks and other assorted waterfowl. Day in and day out, I see some of the same duckies like my little friends here.
            I see these three young ducks every time I'm at the lake. Aren't they cute? (: They happen to be quite fearless, too, as they'll usually come a little closer than the older, wiser ducks. The conditions at the lake were ripe for a second visit today, so that's what I did. I was able to put up a couple more miles. As I finished my workout the second time around, I was a bit startled to hear somebody calling my name...It was Amy and her little nephew Kaden. All of a sudden, I had company to feed ducks with me! Yippee! As Amy, Kaden, and I walked towards the waterfowl, Amy's husband, Kim, came in from a lap around the lake with a coworker of his.
               So, say what isn't so!?! Well, that exciting little bike project of mine hit a major snag today. The hand grips and saddle from the 2010 District aren't available for sale. This comes directly from the mouth of multiple Trek representatives. I suppose, I'll have to look elsewhere for Sawyer inspiration. The JHK SS Sawyer is an awesome interpretation of the mountain cruiser. In this case, JHK is Jeremy Horgan-Kobelski of Subaru|Trek racing, who took to the single-speed (hence the 'SS') Sawyer seen below.
            JHK's SS Sawyer is a beautiful example of what's possible with the right foundation. JHK's ride is tastefully upgraded with accessories such as new wheels, cranks, bottle cages, and grips amongst others. For posterity, here's a profile shot of JHK's ride.
            Even with all this bike porn (or perhaps because of all of it), I'm not sure what direction I want to head in. I suppose I have a veritable treasure trove of ideas available online, limited only by my discretionary income at any given moment. I suppose it's best to simply focus on getting the bike home and getting to know her well.
               Despite the little bike hiccup, today, overall, was a great day. Disney's rendition of the Rapunzel story, Tangled, made it to DVD. Having seen the movie 4 times in the theater, acquiring Tangled was a foregone conclusion. It did help that at least 2 of those in-theater Tangled sessions were with awesome company! Thanks to my Spring Break, I've been able to enjoy the movie twice and may have time to fit in another viewing. That is, if I don't find something better or more worthwhile to pursue.

No comments: