29 March 2011

I can hardly wait...


               The time to bring home my new, mountain cruiser, draws nigh! I can hardly wait to get some seat-time and pile on some mileage before she gets christened and subsequently built-up. Here's a pseudo-artistic, angled shot, of my steel steed resting against a display case at Black Mountain Bicycles, right after I put the money down to claim her.
            At the moment the draw to full SRAM X.0 is kept in check by its prohibitive cost. The fact it's available in black with grey accents isn't lost in trying to maintain or accentuate the overall look. Here's a closeup...
            Besides the black and grey X.0 I'm hoping to add, some of the accoutrements from the 2010 Trek District piqued my interest. The following hand grips come from last year's olive-colored District.
            If it weren't immediately obvious, the color-matched saddle, below, hails from the same bike. Their shade of brown contrasts well with the dark colors of my new ride. Locating them, as separate components, however, has been extremely difficult.
            That said, it'll be sufficient to simply have her home to roll around on and get acquainted with as I collect the other parts for the build-up. This mountain cruiser will be a sleek addition to my garage, right next to my silver-hued Ducati, Giuliana.

No comments: