19 April 2011

More Pedal Please (Not For The Queasy)

               As in the previous pedaling post, Monday was a blur that began Sunday evening. I found myself working on a school assignment Sunday evening well into Monday morning. To keep myself company, once again, I enjoyed a continuous stream of mountain biking videos and clips and music to match. Despite the ending to my last ride, I was amped to get on the bike again at the soonest opportunity. The wellspring of my motivation and zeal comes from a time, within a handful of years, wherein 16-20 mile days, 3 to 4 times a week was common. Although I'm not sure what my mileage goals are now, if they even exist, I am sure that I wanted my cardiovascular capacity and performance back! Yesterday!
               So, off I went at a fast, slightly uncomfortable pace into the cool, early-evening air. And I pedaled. And pushed. Pedaled and pushed. The breeze felt good, especially as I began to warm up. Breathing, however, was a tiny bit of a chore. Continued to push, I did, however. The 29er hoops really beg me to push so that I can feel the whoosh of air as I near-road-bike speeds. So I threw in more pedaling and pushing. About 20 minutes after disembarking I realized that I hadn't brought any water! Oh man, forget that mess! I wasn't turning back. Not yet. So, I just cued up Dory's theme in my head, "just keep pedaling, just keep pedaling, just keep..."
               At nearly 30 minutes, my totally parched mouth, combined with the cold air had me gagging. I'm sure I swallowed a couple of innocent bugs. Anyways, I figured what better way to moisten my mouth than bringing up dinner!
Mmmm...I hope you weren't planning on eating a meal anytime soon. Well, in interest of taste, no pun intended, I think this will be my last puke post for awhile. Perhaps I should tell you about my weekend...

No comments: