So, the last
two posts were more of an impersonal re-entry into blogging. The blogs
mentioned are quite fun; especially that Hyperbole. However, if any of you have
been yearning for some personal drivel, I figured this would be a good place to
put it.
For those outside of the know, I'm a couple of months into my nursing program at National University. It's been a good challenge so far. With my free time, I've been trying to reincorporate activities I used to enjoy regularly, such as bicycling (off-road and on), exercising, feeding ducks, girls, etc...These days I spend quite a bit of free time aboard my Cannondale Hooligan 3, seen below.
For those outside of the know, I'm a couple of months into my nursing program at National University. It's been a good challenge so far. With my free time, I've been trying to reincorporate activities I used to enjoy regularly, such as bicycling (off-road and on), exercising, feeding ducks, girls, etc...These days I spend quite a bit of free time aboard my Cannondale Hooligan 3, seen below.
As the name
implies, the bike is suitable for all manner of mischief. The 20" tires
make for extremely quick acceleration while a stealthy, internally-geared hub
almost make it practical. Keeping up with any of the 26" or 29"
riding buds, however, is quite a chore. Luckily, I've recently set my sights on
the Trek "Gary Fisher Collection" Sawyer (a mouthful, I know), seen
below.
Ain't she purdy!?!
As you can probably tell from the proportions, those are 29" hoops
underneath the retro-styled, steel mountain cruiser. Despite the beautiful,
old-school looks, the gray beast is blessed with modern tech, such as the
hydraulic disk brakes and 18 speeds to choose from. I can hardly wait!As an aside, the ever-increasing cost of gasoline has done a good job of pushing me back towards bicycle commuting, which I enjoyed during my last year at university, the first time around. The Sawyer, with its larger 29" wheels should be good for a tiny bit more top-end speed. Besides, why not be cool, like our friends at, "Rides a Bike."
No comments:
Post a Comment